Essential oils are a natural choice for emotional health. Their aromas can touch areas of the brain associated with emotional response and long-term memory. Their constituents can affect neurotransmitters and receptors in cells throughout the body. These effects can alter how the body copes with stress and anxiety, enhance energy, and uplift mood in subtle and profound ways.
Modern Essentials® Emotions teaches how to use essential oils—and the power within you—to take charge of your emotional health! This stunning full-color guide and workbook includes:
• Which dōTERRA® oils and blends to use and how! Find detailed descriptions, emotional uses, safety data, and research for 70 single oils and 39 blends.
• dōTERRA® brand names! Get quick access to the emotional properties of all proprietary blends.
• Detailed breakdown of over 300 emotions! Learn recommended oils and blends for each emotion, see how to apply them, and access supporting research.
Use the provided space to write about your favorite oils and blends for emotions—along with personal reflections on emotional states.
• Links between physical and emotional health! Understand how physical state can affect emotions and how emotions can affect physical health. (Emotional states may even help determine how long you live.)
• Ways to categorize and understand emotions! Discover powerful exercises and tools that help you delve beneath your current emotion state to discover its source—and then process it in a healthy way.
• Blueprint for a powerful emotional future! Develop your innate strength by realizing what you truly value, affirming why it’s important, and living daily life true to your values.
• Research-backed writing prompts! Journaling about emotions can help you understand and process them to heal from past emotional trauma. Writing prompts and exercises help you draw on internal strength to create sound emotional health.
Wire-O spiral binding makes for easy writing in the workbook.
Modern Essentials® Emotions is a ground-breaking synthesis and distillation of essential oil and mental health research. Our team has done the homework so you can successfully do the emotional work. We have:
• Reviewed thousands of research articles;
• Scoured hundreds of books and lectures by essential oil experts, scientists, mental health practitioners, and cultural historians;
• Pooled 75 years of collective practical experience using essential oils.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Spanish sage, also known as sage lavender (Salvia lavandulifolia), is steam distilled from the leaves and stems of the plant. It belongs to the Lamiaceae botanical family. The aroma is herbaceous and camphorous (with camphor as a primary chemical constituent), with a subtle lavender undertone.
Guaiacwood (Bulnesia sarmientoi)—pronounced GWHY-ack-wood—is steam distilled from the heartwood of the plant. It belongs to the Zygophyllaceae botanical family and is native to parts of South America. The aroma is woodsy with a subtle smoky-sweetness reminiscent of sandalwood. Its properties are...
The original and best ready EO reference is still Modern Essentials®! With the Modern Essentials® 14 family, you and your team are prepared to learn, teach, and share about essential oils with accessible, authoritative information.
We love sharing tips and tricks on how to safely and effectively use essential oils. Join in on the conversation!
Capsules and Essential Oils — FAQ
The Art of Roller Bottle Blending
Lighten Your Hair Naturally with Essential Oils
Essential Oils for Heart Health & Cardiovascular Support
10 Diffuser Blends for the Road
All-Natural Essential Oil Bug Spray
Essential Oil Spotlight: Peppermint
Sign up for our newsletter to learn about releases, exclusive deals and more!