When teaching any subject, adding an element of fun helps the information stick. This crossword puzzle is designed to help cover several basic terms and definitions so your attendees aren’t lost when you teach your lesson about essential oils.
1. The Icebreaker: Before the actual class starts, group your attendees in twos or threes to work on the crossword puzzle together. This helps get them talking with each other, which makes everyone feel more comfortable and will help participation later in the class. We like the idea of starting the class with this game because it teaches basic terms and definitions to people who have no knowledge or experience with essential oils.
2. The Attention Grabber: If you are teaching an essential oil introductory class, you can use this puzzle to help teach these basic terms and definitions. Start out with everyone completing the crossword puzzle, and then cover any other terms or definitions you feel are important to understand so your attendees aren’t confused when you start throwing out EO terminology as you teach.
3. The Intermission Activity: If you have a lot of material to cover, it always helps to provide breaks to allow your attendees to process the information they’re learning. Bathroom breaks, water breaks, and refreshment breaks are all great, but sometimes having fun goes a long way in boosting the energy in your class! To increase participation in your game, try making it into a contest: “First one to finish gets a prize!” or “Bring your finished crossword puzzle to the front to be entered into a drawing.”
4. The Pop Quiz: When teaching an introductory essential oils class, you’ll cover many of these terms and definitions. Use this puzzle to test your participants’ knowledge of what was just covered. This can even be fun in an advanced essential oil class. Sometimes, even the experts need to be reminded of the basics!
5. The Final Test: Yes, this is similar to the pop quiz, but you can also use this puzzle at the end of any essential oil class. If you plan on giving your attendees a copy of “Introduction to Modern Essentials” at the end of your class, consider giving them this crossword puzzle as well to get them looking through the booklet. Just like the “Intro to Modern Essentials” Scavenger Hunt Activity, getting your attendees to look through the “Introduction to Modern Essentials” booklet and find the answers to the questions on the puzzle will show them all the possibilities of essential oils and may increase the likelihood of them trying (or even purchasing) essential oils. And if you want your attendees to do the “Final Test” before leaving, maybe allow a few minutes to finish it before starting your Q & A session or opening up the refreshments table.
Looking for a warm, woodsy autumn blend for your diffuser? Autumn Leaves is a delightful way to welcome the new season! The fresh, sweet aromas of bergamot and ginger harmonize with the warm, rich touches of frankincense and ginger. Together, these essential oils promote energy and awareness and help relieve tension.
Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) is an essential oil absolute extracted from the flowers. It belongs to the Nymphaea botanical family, commonly known as water lilies. Blue lotus has an exotic fragrance that uplifts and creates simultaneous feelings of euphoria and peace.
Introducing the 15th edition of the Modern Essentials® Handbook: The Premier Introductory Guide to Essential Oils. Of course, the 15th edition includes all new products up through the 2023 dōTERRA® convention. But that hardly scratches the surface.