To introduce your friends and family to essential oils, host a fun “Make and Take” class where everyone makes truffles infused with essential oils to take home to their valentines!
Servings: Yield = 36 truffles | Time: 30 minutes active; 10 minutes inactive | Difficulty: Easy
1. Place a long sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet. Set the cookie sheet aside.
2. Place all but 3 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie; don’t remove cream filling), and pulse until finely crushed (alternately, if you don’t own a food processor, you can place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, seal the bag, and crush the cookies with a rolling pin).
3. Pour crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl along with cream cheese and peppermint essential oil. Using the back of a spoon, stir the mixture while pressing it along the bottom of the bowl until well combined and evenly moistened. Scoop mixture out, and form it into 1 inch balls.
4. Line truffle balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Place truffles in freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, crush the remaining 3 Oreos.
5. Melt chocolate wafers according to the directions on the package. Remove the truffles from the freezer, and dip them in the melted chocolate. Evenly coat the truffles, and allow the excess chocolate to run off. Return truffles to the baking sheet, and immediately sprinkle the tops with the remaining crushed Oreos. Allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Special thanks to Christine Russell for sharing this recipe with us on Facebook.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Spanish sage, also known as sage lavender (Salvia lavandulifolia), is steam distilled from the leaves and stems of the plant. It belongs to the Lamiaceae botanical family. The aroma is herbaceous and camphorous (with camphor as a primary chemical constituent), with a subtle lavender undertone.
Guaiacwood (Bulnesia sarmientoi)—pronounced GWHY-ack-wood—is steam distilled from the heartwood of the plant. It belongs to the Zygophyllaceae botanical family and is native to parts of South America. The aroma is woodsy with a subtle smoky-sweetness reminiscent of sandalwood. Its properties are...
The original and best ready EO reference is still Modern Essentials®! With the Modern Essentials® 14 family, you and your team are prepared to learn, teach, and share about essential oils with accessible, authoritative information.
We love sharing tips and tricks on how to safely and effectively use essential oils. Join in on the conversation!
Capsules and Essential Oils — FAQ
The Art of Roller Bottle Blending
Lighten Your Hair Naturally with Essential Oils
Essential Oils for Heart Health & Cardiovascular Support
10 Diffuser Blends for the Road
All-Natural Essential Oil Bug Spray
Essential Oil Spotlight: Peppermint
Sign up for our newsletter to learn about releases, exclusive deals and more!